Monday, March 29, 2010

To Love and wounds dressed?


Image : http://www.flickr.com


They bring a sincere love and dedication to your relationship. You are your partner's well-meaning heart, drew its beauty as well as their personality and engaging manners.

Even though you may not recognize, get the wounds you suffered as a child to your relationship. And you can not recognize that you might to someone who you think will attract a different outcome for these wounds.

Simply put, it is attractedsomeone who perhaps had some similar traits and characteristics as the primary caregiver, when you still a child. But with this person that you are hoping for a different result - a chance for the wounds to heal at last, or are never affected in the first place.

Sounds catchy, does not it?

Why would you be attracted to someone that does not heal may be able to help you with your wounds, and has the potential to grow your wounds too deep?

To answer these questions, youneed to understand that each one of us has been wounded as children, and we have brought these wounds, the marriage for the repair. Conflicts in our relationships arise from these wounds.

In addition, Imago Relationship Therapy can show that your unconscious mind makes you attracted to undesirable characteristics that your caretaker (usually a parent), which are guided in your wounds are identical. In addition, we consciously looking for someone to resemble the features can our caretaker, not an exact copy, per se

If you are constantly fighting over unwashed dishes, says Dr. Hendrix, co-found Imago Relationship Therapy, "It's not about the dishes ... there's a symbolic connection ... that raises a deeper feeling."

Dr. Hendrix also suggests intense and recurring arguments is a good indicator that one or both partners have unresolved childhood wounds like suffocating loneliness, rejection, are shame and helplessness.

My> Marriage

Mary Beth and I, "trigger" each other times available. My affection for her was to a woman who would be strong and independent - a woman who can not rely on comfort and escape to addiction. I wanted a woman who could love me strong and get married.

However Contains a source of conflict in our relationship with physical contact. I'm not talking about sex necessarily, but things like hugging, holding hands and kissing. While passing through times when ourPhysical contact is rare, I would be thrown. I am beginning to understand how a child feel if my mother would be aware of the defendant or my needs.

So my partner has similar tendencies as my primary caregiver has (the independence is interpreted by me as a replacement), but I'm happy for my partner to give me to another conclusion. Yes, there are times of the physical department. But at the end of the day, I know True love waits. This is the best ointment forme.

Personal Activity: Unfinished Business

In order to discover your childhood wounds, the following activities. Make sure you give yourself plenty of time (approx. 30 minutes). You also need some paper and a pen or pencil to complete this activity.

Begin with the idea back to your earliest memories of your childhood. See yourself as a child in this home.

1. Think about the people who cared for you? Who are they?

2. Select two or threethese people. You can a parent, relative or family friend. Try to recall and write down both their positive and negative qualities.

3. Why did you enjoy it with them? What you do not like about them?

4. Finally, for each person to write down what you wanted from them, not receive it. Be authentic with yourself and do not hesitate to bring your anger or sadness expressed.

5. What are the similarities between people you can draw from your childhood and your current partner? Do they have commonTrains? What you may not always want to have your partner, but?

Activity for couples
?
If you and your partner in the middle of an argument, try asking yourself these four questions to get at the root of your pain. Ask your partner to do the same.

1. How do I feel when my partner acts this way?

2. What thoughts I had when my partner acts this way?

3. What deeper feelings underlying thoughts and feelings they could?

4. Have I everhave the same thoughts and feelings when I was a child?

No comments:

Post a Comment